Be it Covid-19, floods or cyclones, our volunteers have worked round the clock to provide relief at several calamity-struck areas in western India. Be it Covid-19 or cyclone, we have reached out to people and helped them with essentials.
‘Nisarga’ Cyclone June 2020:
• Distributed 50,000 free cooked meals to cyclone-affected people in coastal Maharashtra
• Distributed 405 solar lamps, 405 dry grocery kits, and dry clothes to the affected people
• Distributed 2,000 roof sheets
• Rehabilitated 13 completely damaged tribal areas
Maharashtra floods in Mahad and Murud Taluka
The devastating flood that struck the western state in June 2021 washed off everything in Mahad and Murud taluka. There was water as high as 15-feet in almost all the villages in the two talukas. CFTI volunteers swiftly took action and made sure that the disaster-relief work takes place in full swing. After the floods, we as a team:
• Adopted Kevnale village for complete rehabilitation
• Distributed 25,000 kg dry groceries
• Provided 10,000 litres of drinking water
• Distributed clothes to 1,763 people
• Provided 14,800 free cooked meals
• Provided gas stoves and cleaning material to 65 families
• Provided a set of utensils to 217 families
• Distributed 1,204 dry grocery kits
• Help provided to Assam flood victims.
• Provided dry grocery kits to Nasik flood victims.